Liberty Stone/ole country music recording artist and songwriter Scotty James is a Canadian Radio Music Award Winner (2013) and CMT‘s Fresh Face Artist of the Month (July 2016). Scotty James is quickly becoming one of Canada’s most exciting emerging country artists to hit the scene. In just one year, Scotty is Canada’s 10th most popular country artist on social media and has the third fastest growing fanbase against all major Canadian country artists. One Stop Country USA coined James as “the one to watch category as the potential next big thing”
His last two singles “Toes” and “Still” received international acclaim from popular US and UK country music magazines, amassing an army of crazed fans from around the world. Scotty James delivers a unique blend of new country with traditional instrumentation. His smooth and soulful vocal tone, heartfelt lyrics, and melody rich songs has contributed to his early rise in popularity. Scotty James’ debut album “Streets”, produced by multi award winning producer Jason Barry, is set for release in Fall 2016.
Before signing his record deal, Scotty James spent years serenading people door-to-door to support his music career. It was during a chance encounter where he met his current music manager. The song that Scotty sang him at his front door, “Wanna Be Loved”, was the same song that charted #20 on the AC Billboard Charts eight months later.
- CMT Fresh Face Artist of the Month (July 2016)
- Canadian Radio Music Award Winner (March 2013)
- Debut single ‘Wanna Be Loved’ hit #20 on AC Billboard Chart (Spring 2012)
- Wanna Be Loved was 49th most played song on AC Radio in Canada (2012)
- Charted #24 on Canada’s Emerging Artist Billboard Chart (Nov 2011)
- BellMedia Emerging Artist Winner (Oct 2011)